Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Recipes: Potato-chip cookies

There's no attribution on this recipe card, but whoever invented these sounds like a genius to me.

Potato-chip cookies

Cream together 1 cup butter and 1/2 c. sugar till fluffy. Add one egg yolk. Cream again. Add 1 1/2 c. flour, 3/4 c. crushed potato chips and 1/2 c. of nuts. Drop from teaspoon, bake 12-15 minutes.

Potato-chip cookies, fondue'd

 UPDATE: I finally made these, and it turns out that they taste a lot like Scandinavian butter cookies, just a little potato chip-ier. A word to the wise: bake them in an oven that is no more than 350F; they burn easily. Not being a a fan of nuts, I omitted them and increased the potato chips to 1 c. (I also might recommend reducing the flour slightly) When they had cooled, I dipped each cookie in fondue chocolate to finish them off. They'd be good for a Christmas cookie sampler!

No comments:

Post a Comment